Welcome to KMS Library 2023-2024
We are so excited to have you back! We hope you all had a great summer and are ready to learn new things and check out some amazing books. We have lots of fabulous books and resources available for your use. Come in and take a look.
KMS Library Introduction
Alexandria Library Researcher
Log in to Alexandria with your student id no zero and your last name
Resources take a look!!!
There are lots of resources here take a look at student and
SLED State Library Electronic Doorway
See Library for Passwords! They have changed!
Go to Middle School Resources
Live Homework Help
Hours: M-F 8:00-2:00 am, Sat-Sun
“Get school work done and get back to life.”
- Real time online tutoring 25+ subjects
- Drop off for overnight review of essays , book reports and more
- Study resources
- Test prep
- Career resources
Gale in Context
Sora Ebooks and Audiobooks and Magazines
Video How to use SORA
Battle of the Books
Ms. Gann is the 6th Grade Coach
Mrs. Nabholtz is the 7th and 8th Grade Coach
Practices will start in October
Ms. Gann, Librarian and Mrs. Crouse, Library Assistant
907-286-1729 Librarian Office
Don’t forget you can use Sora for your summer reading needs!
EBooks and Audio Books Sora
You also have access to Alaska Digital Library as well by adding it as one of your libraries
Students: login with your computer user name and password
Teachers: use a 9 instead of an e in your user name
Here is a Sora Video if you don’t know how it works
- Download the FREE Sora app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or soraapp.com
- Search for KPBSD Main Collection using ZIP CODE ~ 99669
- Read & Listen from any device: Chromebooks, tablets, laptops, desktops, and phones.
- Once you have added it and logged in you can add Alaska Digital Library as well and have access to ebooks and audio books available for Alaska students.
Please use the following link
McCown Country Resources
Any questions please ask!
Great Lives from History
Need a password: 11kmslib
Great lives from History Scientist and Science!
We now have Cameron’s Collection a Social and Emotional support platform of e-books anyone can check them out at anytime.
They are electronic so just click on the book and start reading.
Don’t forget you can still get a book to read!
Read a good book over the holidays!
Remember Sora is available all the time.
Login is your computer login and Password
Teachers use a 9 instead of an E
Want to read online check out or virtual collections or login to Alexandria and place a book on hold!
Email Ms Gann if you need help
Information for Mr. Lewis Virus Research
Need to Make a copy of Assignment
Lewis Resources Virus Research 22
National Human Genome Research Institute. (24 May 2022).Virus: NIH. https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glossary/Virus
choose Middle School resources
Gale in context
Discovery Education user name and password
Searching Viruses on Wikipedia
You may use the resources from the bottom of the Wikipedia Article
You must go to the original source
Citation Generators to cite a website:
Missed Class Watch the Video
Ms. Gann Origins of Democracy Video
Research Rubric 22
Video on how to do the Reference Page
Summer Reference page22
Alexandria Library Catalog for your book
APA is a complex system of citation. When compiling the reference list, the strategy below might be useful:
- Identify the type of source:
Is it a book? A encyclopedia article? A webpage?
- Find a sample citation for this type of source
Check a textbook or the OWL APA Guide: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- “Mirror” the sample or look at your sample APA guide
- Make sure that the entries are listed in alphabetical order double spaced and that the subsequent lines are indented (hanging indent)
- Make sure all information is included in your citation
- OWL at Purdue
- Citation Machine
- Easy Bib
- It is your responsibility to make sure that all required information is included in the citation.
- Using a Google Doc see below for formatting or check out the video
- Make sure you clear formatting and reformat with hanging indent on your reference page
- It should be double spaced times new roman 12 pt. font use format > align and indent> choose indentation options > under special indent choose hanging and apply
- Double check your citation to make sure it is correct.
Moss Online Resources APA Citation
Moss Online Resources APA Citation
SLED is your main source here
Remember you may need passwords at home write them down