Missed Class Watch the Video
Alexandria Library Catalog for your book
APA is a complex system of citation. When compiling the reference list, the strategy below might be useful:
- Identify the type of source:
Is it a book? A encyclopedia article? A webpage?
- Find a sample citation for this type of source
Check a textbook or the OWL APA Guide: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- “Mirror” the sample or look at your sample APA guide
- Make sure that the entries are listed in alphabetical order double spaced and that the subsequent lines are indented (hanging indent)
- Make sure all information is included in your citation
- OWL at Purdue
- Citation Machine
- Easy Bib
- It is your responsibility to make sure that all required information is included in the citation.
- Using a Google Doc see below for formatting or check out the video
- Make sure you clear formatting and reformat with hanging indent on your reference page
- It should be double spaced times new roman 12 pt. font use format > align and indent> choose indentation options > under special indent choose hanging and apply
- Double check your citation to make sure it is correct.